June 27, 2011

Vanity Bench

I've had this vanity bench for quite a few years.  It came from Target (said like Tar-jay) a quite a few years ago.  Over the years I spilled a few things on it and it was looking a little less than perfect.  I had some fabric left over from the bookshelf makeover and used it to recover the vanity bench.


Before

After




This was one of the easiest things I have ever done!  There were 8 screws that I had to remove to get the seat part off of the legs.  Easy.  I left the existing fabric on there because you couldn't see it through the new fabric (if it ain't broke don't fix it, right?).  Then I just cut my fabric to size and used a staple gun to secure it.  The hardest part was making sure the fabric was super tight and snug, and let's face it, that part wasn't even that hard!  Then I just had to rescrew the seat back onto the legs and that's it!

1 comment: