On one of my most recent Goodwill trips I found a set of these wall mount candle holders. The frame is wood and was pretty beat up. The picture helps hide all the flaws.
When I bought them I wasn't sure if they would end up in my house or The Depot. I used Frog Tape and taped off around the inside edges so I wouldn't get paint on the silver iron parts. I lightly sprayed on some primer and then used a satin black spray paint on top. I had to be very careful not to get the overspray on the silver parts though. It took about 10 minutes for the whole thing, with taping being the worst part.
Oh, looky there. They found themselves a home in my home!
We found the round candles at Garden Ridge for $2 a piece!