December 14, 2011

Powder Room Makeover

I think it's quite comical that the first rooms to get completed in our new house is the bathrooms.  I guess I do my best thinking there. 

For the powder room the hubs and I decided to go with a deep red.  We decided on Benjamin Moore's "currant red".


I did not use a primer, just did 2 coats of this paint.  I also used Frog Tape for the first time and LOVED it!  I was so sick and tired of the crappy blue painters tape.  There is nothing I hate more than having to go back and do touch ups because the tape failed to do it's job. 

Here is a shot of it before:


Have you ever tried to take a picture of a tiny powder room? Can we say difficult?
Here are some pictures of the bathroom completed (for now).  We are thinking of getting a small black shelf to go over the throne but this will do for now.

You can't really tell from this picture but the dark red paint really makes the ceilings look super tall and the crown molding just pop!


Learn a bit more about this mirror re-do.  The towel ring was actually a garage sale find for $2!

 
The Christmas decorations will be replaced with something else in January of course.  The tissue box cover was actually an unfinished wood one from Hobby Lobby that I primed and spray painted black.  On my wish list is a mirrored tissue box cover but they are EXPENSIVE and I haven't quite figured out how to make my own yet.  This will do for now.

Here's a view from the inside of the bathroom just to show you the painted doors
And nice and red just in time for Christmas!


Here's the to do list:
- paint bathroom red
- paint accent accesories black
- buy new soap dispenser
- buy new hand towels
-maybe- shelf for over potty

No comments:

Post a Comment