December 06, 2011

Leopard Christmas

If you know me you know I love all things animal print.  I have ever since I was about middle school age.  If it didn't look so "Real Housewives of New Jersey" to decorate my entire house in it I probably would (thank you Real Housewives for showing me the error of my ways).  I wanted to infuse some leopard love into my Christmas decor this year in a tasteful way.  Low and behold...leopard ornaments! 

I searched high and low for leopard print tissue paper but couldn't find it in a local store and it was pretty pricey to order it online, so I gave up on the tissue paper and went to my local fabric store and bought half a yard of leopard fabric. 

I ended up using some old beat up colored ornaments I had saved for a craft one day.  I modge podged the entire ornament and used strips of the fabric and just continued to modge podge it on with a foam brush.  Has modge podge become a verb yet? 

I set them up in an empty egg carton to dry over night and the next day I used a paint brush and some gold glitter paint to add a little sparkle. 



I had a ton of fabric left over so this ended up being a super cheap project!

Linking up:

The DIY Show Off

1 comment: