February 10, 2011

Stylish Blogger Award

I feel so very honored to have been awarded the stylish blogger award by  Dwellings By DeVore  Thanks so much for the award!  I feel so special.


1. Thank and link back to the person who awarded you this award.
2. Share 7 things about yourself.
3. Award 10 recently discovered great bloggers.
4. Contact these bloggers and tell them about the award!
I'm now required (like I'm being held at gun point or something) to share 7 things about myself that you may not know.  You all know I try to get creative every now and then but did you know...
 
1.  I am a boring ol' Insurance Agent.  Not much I could say here to even try and make it interesting.  I enjoy my job quite a bit but it would be hard to make it sound glamorous.  The good part about this job is that even though I go to the same place everyday and sit at the same desk I get to talk to lots of different people and I really enjoy that.
 
2.  I used to be a super interesting hair dresser.  I miss it.  The part I do not miss is the catty environment it sometimes presesnts.  My favorite thing to do was updos for special occasions.  

Brides were always the most fun.  They are actually less picky then the high school prom girls!

3.  One day I would like to enter a figure competition.  Yup...a figure competition.  Not the body building ones where you start to look like the opposite gender, just one where you are super-de-duper toned.  It is on my bucket list.
 
4.  I married my high school sweetheart.  

5.  I absolutely love to travel.  I have been to 12 states (Florida, Georgia, South Carolina, North Carolina, Virginia, West Virginia, Tennessee, Kentucky, Ohio, Indiana, Texas, and California), Haiti, Mexico, Jamacia, Cayman Islands, and Kenya.  
This is one of my favorite pictures from when I was on a mission trip in Kenya.  Such beautiful people!
I hope to go to many more states and countries.  I think it would be amazing to go to all 50 states and every continent.

6.  My dream job was to be an Olympic Gold Medalist Figure Skater.  I wanted to do that ever since I was 5 years old.  I did take ice skating lessons but they were expensive and I was 1 of 4 kids.  It does make me sad because I am a pretty compact person and feel like I could have totally done all the jumps.

7.  I love working outside.  Planting things is so theraputic for me.  I am so happy that we bought a house and now I can plant away!  It is such a stress releiver for me.  I also love to water plants just so I can see them grow.

These are rose bushes I planted that I got for an absolute steal.  There was a drought here that year and nobody wanted to spend $40 on a rose bush so I got it on clearence for $4!!!  I actually bought 3 of them and TONS of other plants.  Hopefully I'll find some amazing deals like that this summer!

Since it is super late and I have a busy day ahead of me tomorrow (not to mention I took Nyquil an hour ago and I now feel a little loopy) I will award some people with this award on a seperate post tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment