November 18, 2011

Painted Doors

I stumbled across this wonderful blog (A Well Dressed Home).  My most favorite (favoritest?) thing that she did (besides her kitchen, ah, GORGEOUS!) are her painted interior doors.  I ran the idea by my husband and he was not buying it.  He's kind of a stickler for following the rules.  I'm kind of known for breaking bending them.  Once I showed him the pictures from her blog he was just as smitten as I was

So, off to our local True Value I went!  I thought about changing up the color but I loved how hers was gray, brown, and black all at the same time.  If it ain't broke don't fix it, right (unless it's a white door that really wants to be painted). 

Here are the before pictures of the plain white doors.  Booorrrinnggg. 

Hey Penny!

I didn't prime the doors because they were just painted white in March before we moved in.

Here they are after a lot of taping and hard work.





Check out the new knob on our laundry room door!  There was just a boring white knob on it before but I wanted to snaz it up a bit!  I found it at Hobby Lobby and it was 50% off, score!

(ok, it is not puke yellow in real life.  It's actually almost the same color of the door but the flash made it look odd)

A big thanks to Emily over at A Well Dressed Home for the amazing idea!


1 comment:

  1. Love the doors! They look great! Glad you husband was brave enough to take the plunge! :-)

    Emily Hewett
    A Well Dressed Home
    awelldressedhome.com/blog

    ReplyDelete