August 24, 2011

Lunch Break Cookie Making

Today was a slow day at work and I re-discovered Tasty Kitchen.  I wanted to make a dessert because we kind of ran out of ice cream the other day and apparently more ice cream is not in the budget for this month.  Time to get creative.  Lucky for my husband I tend to be the creative type  (otherwise I would turn into a monster due to the lack of ice cream) Insert smiley face.

I stumbled across this recipe for Nutella No Bake Cookies and lucky for me (and the keeper of the budget, who just so happens to LOVE Nutella) we had all the ingredients on hand.  *Cartwheel* 
Here it is:

  • 2 cups Sugar
  • ¼ cups Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
  • ½ cups Milk
  • ½ cups Margarine
  • 1 teaspoon Vanilla
  • 1 pinch Salt
  • ¼ cups Peanut Butter, Creamy
  • ¼ cups Nutella
  • 3 cups Quick Oats

Over medium heat, cook sugar, cocoa, milk and margarine. Boil one minute. Remove from heat. Stir in vanilla, salt, peanut butter, Nutella and oats. Stir until combined. Drop by teaspoonfuls on wax paper and cool. Refrigerate. Eat. Repeat.


I was able to make this, take the dog out for a potty break, and pick up Subway on my 1 hour lunch break.   Not too bad. 

I did not taste the cookies yet but the batter was delish!

2 comments:

  1. ooooh my!! those look super delish! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks delish indeed! I might have to make these too!

    ReplyDelete