December 15, 2011

How SILVER are your branches...

This was by far one of the easiest decoration projects I have done in my entire life.  I went out to our backyard and cut some small branches off of some trees and laid them out on an old shower curtain in the yard.  I then used some silver spray paint I had in the garage and spray painted the branches.  After the first side dried I flipped them over and did the same to the other side.  I had originally planned to use them in my dining room centerpiece but I didn't like that you wouldn't be able to carry on a conversation.  They sat in the garage for about a week and then WHAM it hit me.  I had a silver pot in the garage that I wasn't using so I just shoved them in there and bought some white glittery snowflakes from Target (4 pack for $1) and hung them from a few of the branches.

Sorry, I didn't exactly take a before picture of the branches but I think it's safe to say we all know what tree branches look like.





Linking up:


The DIY Show Off

No comments:

Post a Comment