December 10, 2011

How Lovely Are Your Branches

I found this Christmas tree years ago after Christmas on sale for about $60.  Not too shabby for a 7.5 footer!  I wanted our tree to look a little more mature this year so we decided to go with silver, white, red, and green.  We already had ornaments that would go with the color scheme so we didn't have to buy any new ones.  I am a sucker for glittery ornaments though!  I think I'm part raccoon when it comes to shiney objects!  We did end up buying thick silver mesh ribbon (K-Mart) to wrap around the tree and a couple packs of the glittery swirly stick things (Garden Ridge)...what the heck is the proper name for those anyways?!

The hubs did an AMAZING job setting up the tree and fanning out the branches.  That part makes me itchy!  Then we did the dreaded task of putting the lights on.  My favorite is still pulling each ornament out of the box and remembering who bought it/


Have you ever realized how hard it is to take a good looking picture of a tree?  If you have any tips feel free to send them my way!

Here are some more of the handmade ornaments that are for sale.





No comments:

Post a Comment