May 10, 2011

The Headboard...finally.

Remember this?  I finally finished it!!!

I found it at my local Goodwill for $20


Ok, so here's the kicker...it looks like wood right?  WRONG.  The swirly dirlys are PLASTIC!  How cool is that?  AKA....no sanding involved!  WOOHOO!

I primed it and then spray painted it.

I almost wanted to leave it like this.  I thought it looked like lace.

The next step was taking semi-gloss paint and mixing it with some water and then quickly (very quickly) painted it on and then wiped it off with a wet rag.  Note to self: next time wear gloves.


Total cost was probably around $35.

This is going up in our guest bedroom.  I would show you a picture of it on the bed but I don't have bedding yet.  I'm thinking of something with turquoise and yellow.  Maybe some orange and deep purple?  Who really knows?! 


9 comments:

  1. I love how this turned out! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think this looks amazing! You'd never guess it was plastic, great revamp!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't WAIT to see the bedding! I love your blog! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. please tell me what color you used! its perfect for my room!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I vote for orange and purple! But I love that color combo (if you couldn't tell from my blog) :)

    This turned out awesome! Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete



  6. خدمات نقل الاثاث متعددة لدينا حيث يوجد لدينا خبرة في كيفية التعامل مع العملاء في تنفيذ اعمال فلدينا مدينة مكة افضل شركة نقل اثاث بمكة التي تتميز بالدقة في تنفيذ اعمال وتوصيل الاثاث من الباب لاننا نمتلك عمال متميزون في شركة نقل عفش بمكة فعليكم التواصل معنا من اجل الاستفادة من الخدمات التي نقدمها كل هذا ايضا تلاقه في مدينة الدمام من خلال التواصل مع شركة نقل اثاث بالدمام التي تمتلك فنين متميزين في اعمال الفك والتركيب كما لديها اسطول سيارات مجهز يساعدها علي الوصول الي منزلك الجديد فكل شئ يكون جاهز مع شركة نقل عفش بالدمام التي اثبتت انها نقل شركة لديها خبرة كبيرة في مجال نقل الاثاث
    كما يوجد لدينا خبرة في خدمات نقل الاثاث بجدة من خلال
    شركة نقل اثاث بجدة
    شركة نقل عفش بجدة

    ReplyDelete