September 21, 2011

Lampshade

This was my first ever lampshade makeover project.  I found the lamp at the estate sale I went to back in the spring and it has been sitting in my garage ever since.  I bought some fabric from my local fabric store and was ready to get to work.  The shade that came with it sucked.  Don't get me wrong, it's a great lamp shade as far as shading the lamp but when it came time to put the fabric on it, it sucked (no other words to describe it). 



I felt like doing this about part way through the project.  I don't know why it stressed me out so much!


I used some spray adhesive and sprayed it on the shade and then I smoothed the fabric over it.  I did it just a section at a time to make sure the adhesive wouldn't dry before I got to it.   

While the adhesive was drying I taped off around the bottom of the actual lamp (not the shade) to spray paint the base.  It was originally gold, I painted it black, didn't like that, painted it silver, didn't like that, and then finally went with a champagne color (close to gold but not so bold) which I thought really accented the fabric.  Whew, I'm not picky or indecisive at all (poor hubby)!

I was so glad to have the project finished and my first lamp redo done!  I don't really have a place for it in my house so it's in the booth just waiting for the right person to take it home!






3 comments:

  1. very cute lamp! i love the fabric choice =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love that pretty fabric! Nicely done!

    ReplyDelete