This is one of the vanities I picked up from my major Craigslist finds.
Notice the pup tied to the tree in the background...this is the only way I can
get work done when my husband is at work. She loves it though...I promise!
I lightly sanded the whole thing and then primed it. I let that dry for about an hour and then started going to town with white paint. During this process I learned that you get what you pay for. I bought some cheapy white paint because, hey it's just white paint. DO NOT DO THAT! I had to put about 4 coats on this crazy thing!
After I was finished painting I put new hardware on all of the drawers.
Then I took a sander and roughed up some of the edges to give it that "shabby chic" look. That was kind of stressful! I didn't want it to look soooo shabby that someone would want to repaint it, but I didn't want it to look super brand new. Here is the finished product.
The bench was supposed to go with this vanity but it sold before I could get the vanity to the booth!