March 08, 2011

I'll break your face!

“That's the scary part. I didn't know if I should smile, crack up, scream or run.”
-The Wizard of Oz
This is my life right now.  I'm not complaining, I have an amazing life and I am very blessed but my life is completely and totally summed up with this picture.

We are closing on our first house on Friday.  The townhouse we are living in now looks like WWIII.  There are boxes lining the walls of the downstairs and halfway packed boxes with open lids because I'm trying to be organized as I pack.  Open cabinets and doors everywhere you turn because I don't want to forget anything.  You go to eat a meal and well, there are no dishes because I packed those already.  Paper plates it is- way to go green. Whatever.
On top of the stresses of moving and packing we had an added obstacle.  I of course couldn't marry a complete nerd but had to marry an athlete (who does have some nerd tendencies).  One would think this is great and maybe our kids will be on the little league all star team but you kind of forget about the risks involved with sports.  He had his first softball game of the season for his company league last night.  I was really wanting him to stay home with me to help me motivate myself to pack some more.  
My parting words to him were, "Whatever you do please don't get hurt, we do not have time for that this week."  
Two hours later I get a phone call, "Babe, um, I got hurt."
All I could think was wonderful, absolutely wonderful.  As it turns out the injury was not a twisted ankle or a sprained wrist. It was his face.  The face that I married.  The face that I kiss good morning and good night.  My first thought was I am pretty sure that we go to the doctor for this since it is his head.  As soon as he got home- yup he drove the 30 minute drive home.  The Oscar for the wife-of-the-year award goes to....


  In my defense though I was on the phone with him while he was driving.
Long story short is we get to the ER wait FFFFOOOORRREEEVVVEEERRRR (got there at 10:50pm and walked out at 3:00am) and come to find out the man broke 3 bones in his face. This brings a whole new meaning to the phrase, "I'm gonna break yo' face."  Luckily we both have a bit of a sense of humor and get a kick out of saying that now since he literally "broke his face".  His eye is turning all kinds of colors.  Colors we did not know even existed.  Right now it is a gorgeous deep purple and a light shade of blue.  I never thought I would be thinking the color of the bruise on my husband's eye would make a great paint color for the new house.
They referred us to an Oral Maxillary Surgeon.  We went there today and they were not able to tell us very much because the ER did not give us the X Rays.  This is especially awesome because we specifically asked for them the night before.  We are not the smart folk that think of asking for the X Rays for upcoming doctor visits, but rather to hang a picture on the fridge of the hubs broken face.  So now we get to go back on Friday morning before we close on the house so they can look at the X Rays to see if he will need surgery. 
Buckle up, Friday is going to be Mr. Toad's Wild Ride.

1 comment:

  1. too good piece of information,let me tell you, your web-page gives the best and the most interesting information. This is just the kind of information that i had been looking for,Thanks a lot once again.packers and movers bangalore

    ReplyDelete