August 02, 2011

Nightstands

I've been on the search for nightstands for our master bedroom for the longest time.  I FINALLY found them...in the booth!  Mrs. DeVore's mom had them in there was selling them!  SCORE!  The only part was that they were black and our bedroom is mainly blue-gray and chocolate brown.  No problem-o!



I didn't even prime them because she had just painted them.  We had some leftover OOPS paint from our master bathroom so I just used that to paint the entire nightstand.  It just wasn't doing it for me though.  I took some dark brown stain I already had in the garage and used it like a glaze on the drawers.  It took days...yes days... to dry, but it worked none the less.   



Here's the finished product!


I spray painted the handles silver but they looked too new and silver for me.  I then took just little bit of stain and brushed it over the silver spray paint to give it more of an aged look.


No comments:

Post a Comment